Sophie's month visit started out rather mortifying. Madeleine got to enjoy the day with Grandma and Grandpa who were out for a visit from Utah. They went to the Air and Space Museum in Dulles. G & G said that everyone in the museum always knew where Madeleine was due to her squeaker shoes. I love them. Grandma loves them. Paw Paw (my mother) obviously loves them since she keeps (thank you!) sending more pairs in the mail. Marc is embarrassed by them, and I'm inclined to think Grandpa was too. Oh well, you gotta get the squeakers in now when you're young - it's not like you can be sporting those when you're in college and get the same charmed response from all strangers, right?
But I digress.
I bundled up and bundled Sophie up in her snowsuit that makes her look like a delectable marshmallow and we took the Metro to Navy Hospital. They have just built a new wing to the hospital, which was farther away from the Metro than I anticipated, so it took me a while to walk there and so I was running late. Not late, but I got to the front desk at exactly the time of my appointment. So I guess that's late. I mention this because I was both a little discombobulated by the new building, sweaty from walking so fast in my bundled up fashion, and a little disturbed with myself for being late. So I was flustered.
At check-in, I said, "12:45 appointment, for Madeleine Tolley, with Dr. Cooper." They looked and looked for an appointment in their computer system. Nope! No appointment scheduled, I'm sorry, was I mistaken? No, I said, not mistaken, I got a confirmation phone call two days ago and I just know that we scheduled her two-month appointment for today. The receptionist was confused and asked me: could she be listed under a different name? Is she a twin? What's her birthdate? Could it have been for last month? Etc. Etc. No, I'm not dumb, I know that we have an appointment. 5 minutes go by.
And then it dawns on me. Did I say Madeleine? Guffaw. Ooops. "Sorry! I meant Sophie! I have two daughters and I'm new at this. This is Sophie, not Madeleine." Good grief. The receptionist smiled widely at me. "Yes! That's who we were expecting!" Geez, you couldn't have given me a hint at my idiocy?
Anyways. We made it. And Sophie, despite the 4 terrible shots she had to get, was a real trooper throughout the doctor visit and even spit up on the floor. {At her two week visit she peed on the table AND spit up, so...} We love our doctor (mostly because she had Marc during his intern rotation there and everyone in Peds loved him). And Sophie is sailing the charts! Healthy and happy, although a little weak on the tummy time.
Stats for 2 months: 10 pounds 5 ounces; 15 1/2 inches head circumference; 22 1/2 inches long. And since they yet again didn't write down percentiles for me (I think weight was around 69th % or something?), I looked back at Madeleine's 2 month stats (we are our own growth charts!): 10 lbs. 6 oz.; 14 1/2 inches; 22 1/2 length. They must be sisters!
Pete did a peds rotation there, but it wasn't outpatient. Anyway-- she's too dang cute. Love it.
ReplyDeleteAnd switching her name? That's classic. I love that they wouldn't have given you a hint. So jaded-front-desk-receptionist like :)
She gets cuter every day, if that's possible!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteShe is looking so big every time I see a picture of her. Can't wait to see you guys soon!
ReplyDelete