27 March 2015

More Pics with Short Captions

The pressures of time, or lack thereof, make this next post long... but short, in that there are more pics than words. I hope. It's hard for me, folks.

A rare moment without Madeleine. The FOOD exhibit at the National Geographic Museum. We loved it, although maybe not as much as the magazine itself. Sophie had a great "soft" dinosaur roar.

These girls were gifted Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls - homemade! - from their crafty grandmother. 

Marc and I went on a date to the Library of Congress. It was one of the last things on our DC to-do/see list and I cannot believe it took me this long to tour this gorgeous building! The Thomas Jefferson Reading room is full of symbolism and beauty. We had a great day together, finished off with We the Pizza. Now, that's MY kind of date! 



We love visiting the Washington DC Temple Visitor Center. We love the Savior. I feel so happy to have the beliefs I do, to know the gospel of the Savior and know that He is my Savior. There is so much to learn, so much guidance and love and forgiveness and inspiration. So many blessings! 

We had a rather impromptu but welcome visit from Marc's sister and her cute family in February. Cold temps didn't keep us from exploring DC, our neighborhood, and having fun with them!

My favorite falls - Great Falls - and ma bebe and sweet niece!

I had to include this pic... unhappy bathtime! Haha! Actually, they had a blast, all except Claire. Sophie only broke down seconds before the pic.

We attended a celebration of the Chinese/Lunar New Year at the Kogod Courtyard at the National Portrait Gallery. My favorite Smithsonian EVER. Fabulous kid activities and beautiful performances! It was awesome! The girls were enchanted by all the dances and puppet shows.


Coldest day of the year - President's Day - soooo FREEZING and yet we decided to visit Mount Vernon (we have season passes - what were we thinking to go on the coldest and most crowded day?). Call us patriotic! Despite the cold we had, as always, a fabulous time there. 

One tough and awesome daddy! Shoveling and carrying a baby and entertaining his little pack of followers. 

Snow baby. Enough said.

Just a glimpse of regular life. Breakfast chaos.

One night our van got stuck in the snow so we walked to pick up our kids from a nearby neighbor's house where they were being babysat. I have to say that that walk in the snow with my hubby was a perfect way to end our date night. And walking back with the girls was sweet too! There is truly something magical about snowfall. 


Sweet sisters. 

Another date day at the temple! This has been our temple (geographically speaking) for the last 9 years! NINE! When we lived in Philly and also while here. Many good memories and insights. 

One day I took the girls to the Air and Space Smithsonian and they had a martial arts exhibit. The girls loved it and Madeleine kicked through a board! She loved it!

Our Washington DC gals. I love that we live here. LOVE IT. I hope once they grow up they will remember and know how lucky they are to have lived here. I hope they love and remember all the fun things we do as a family in this area.

1 comment:

  1. DC has been such a wonderful location for your family. I'm so glad you've milked it! No doubt you'll do the same in Japan. Thanks for letting us pop in and visit with you! Great to see you!

    ReplyDelete