Almost a live feed as this just happened. I had to share:
10/24/2012: [making a fort/boat with her bed, blankets, and chairs]
M: Quick! Get on the boat! We are going to England! To England! Here, do you like fish? We catch fish. Here’s some. I’m going to walk on the water. I walk on water, you know. … I’m not Jesus and I’m not Heavenly Father though... I’m a fisherman. Here, have some more fish! I don’t have a cooker. So we eat it raw. Sorry.
Me: {Oh, well that’s like sushi, raw fish. We can eat it. Or Norwegians eat raw fish too, I think.}
M: Okay! Boom! It’s a storm! Quick! Get covered! [proceeds to pile more blankets on] Go to sleep. The rain will stop in the morning. Then we will sail to Chinese!
Me: {You mean China?}
M: Yes! Chinese!
Me: {Great, when we get there we can practice our Chinese. Remember? Say, Nei - ho! (Sophie enthusiastically inserts here: Ho ho!)
M: No. They stopped speaking that here. In Chinese, the England said [lowers voice] ‘No more speaking Chinese! You speak... um... Bonjour!'
Me: {Oh! Right... so French. The English told the Chinese to speak French?}
M: Yeah. It’s French Chinese. We sailed to French Chinese. Get off the boat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That girl cracks me up! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeletebest story. love her imagination and her use of the words "chinese french". what a gem you've got!
ReplyDelete