17 January 2012

So long, farewell!

Realistically, I probably won't get around to a substantive post until March. Just so ya know. Not that you're hanging on the edge of your seat, but if you were... sit back, relax, and enjoy the lack of my inane thoughts.

1. I may still post random photos, because I think my children are beautiful.

2. My body is officially post-post-partum!!!! I feel normal. In so many ways. Which also means that I feel cold. I'm FREEZING. I have 2 shirts on, one a turtleneck, and the temperature in our apartment is a balmy 74 degrees. My bones feel brittle, shivery and glacial. I'm shrugging my shoulders and tense. Last night, same thing. Could NOT get warm, even cuddling with Marc, who is a human heater. I'm putting more blankets on the bed tonight. My rings are falling off because my fingers are shriveling up in the nippy atmosphere of my body. Oh help. I'm back to normal.

3. I ate Spam yesterday.

4. My Christmas decorations are still up.

5. I'm freezing right now.

6. I got a thermal laminating machine for Christmas from my awesome brother. I'm so excited. But then I spent $25 on laminating pouches and want to die. Too expensive! So I need to return them to Staples and look online for something cheaper. $25! But once I get those pouches I am so excited because I've started making a 'Choices' Chart for Madeleine... all the to-do things and choices she can/does make throughout the day... if completed, get moved to the 'Look what I did!' section of the magnet board. Instilling habits, I hope. And of course, there is a reward attached... after 2 weeks of consistently, majority good choices, she gets the heavily discounted princess play hut that is sitting unwrapped, in our van, as a constant reminder of what she COULD get. It's already working and the 'Choice Chart' hasn't even been laminated! Last night during FHE she was so eager to share her ups, downs, choices, and 'solutions' for improving. It was awesome. I still want to laminate something though.

6. Making myself hot chocolate and possibly putting on thermals.

Farewell, au revoir!

4 comments:

  1. 1. i'd love to see pics of your lovely children. they are yours and they are lovely. they should be here.

    2. congrats on the return of normalcy. but so sorry about the freezing. i won't invite you over.

    3. how'd it taste?

    6. i got one for my birthday, but i'm not sure what chuck paid for the pouches. ask star. she has one and frequently uses it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you know other people who have laminators that may want to go in on an order with you, this is a pretty good place to get them: http://www.oregonlam.com/Letter_Laminating_Pouches_3_mil_hot_Laminator_Lamination_75_mic_229mm_x_292mm_9_x_11-1_2_LR3RC_LP03LTR.html

    My sisters and I have gone in on orders together through the years so that we could get them more discounted. Prices have gone up since I ordered several years ago. I used to be able to get a box of 100 for around $10 so it was only 10 cents a sheet, looks it would be about 15 cents now if you could get a couple other people to order a box too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my laminator and do, in fact, use it often. I get my pouches from Amazon.

    http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Thermal-Laminating-Pouches-TP3854-50/dp/B0019K3LI8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_T1?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2ZX64DGP34SE6&colid=396DZO0JOFGU4

    Oh and PLEASE share your choices chart! I would love to see it.

    Keep posting as you see fit. I always enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so it takes over a year, then? that's what I suspected. Glad you're healed, but hope you can get warm now! This post makes me want hot chocolate. It is cold here, but gets warm in the afternoon....a bad type of warm. a hot warm where my hair is all sticky and I'm nursing and so sweaty. but that's okay. Oh! with homemade marshmallows! have you ever attempted? I haven't yet, but I bought the ingredients and I WILL tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete