08 July 2011

Why Are We So Tan? Pool Time

 

Marc's always been a big advocate of having a pool at our complex. He loves being able to swim laps. I love the pool but only after I get over the fact that I have to shave really well, get myself in a swimsuit, then get the girls ready, lug it all to the pool along with sunscreen and a towel. But once there, I love it! I love it even more now that Madeleine, after her foray in the 'big' waters at North Beach, actually wants to go into the adult pool! Unfortunately, our pool has rules that children have to wear a lifevest or be hanging onto a noodle (don't ASK me how they expect children to learn to swim!), but that's actually Madeleine's comfort level anyway. (Plus, the other pool in our complex lets kids come in with swim diapers - also not allowed at our pool; have to be potty trained - and no flotation... it's actually about 50 feet closer to our place, so it's a great balance!)

We've spent many an afternoon there and Marc is great to take Madeleine when I fix dinner or get work done too. It's a win-win. We love our pool!

Oh, and Sophie doesn't mind a good playtime in our sink, either. What a cutie!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love the comment about shaving... ha! That doesn't stop me from hitting the pool. Motherhood is so empowering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, um, i wish i felt the same responsibility you did towards shaving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls have darling bathing suits. Glad you're able to spend so much time having fun in the sun!

    ReplyDelete