11 July 2011

A Few Good Things

1. I survived the dentist! After 4 years of not seeing the dentist, I survived this visit without any cause for disappointment. Madeleine also had her first visit to the dentist and behaved exceptionally well (it helped that the dentist was really great with kids). I think the low point of the visit was when I was in the midst of getting my teeth cleaned and I heard the dental assistants giggling and saying "how cute!" at which point, we all took a break to find that a) Madeleine's skirt was all tucked up so that her panties were showing (I must have rushed too much when I got her out of the bathroom) and b) Madeleine, who was standing by my side, had, at the same moment of dental assistant giggling, managed to unzip my pants and insert a little rubber bouncy ball that she had been given as a prize for good teeth-brushing.

2. I ate 2 donuts today.

3. I love the sound of thunder here when we have big rainstorms. It's just so dramatic. It almost sounds like a fake rolling sheet of metal. But it's real! It's magnificent. Kind of exciting and scary and comforting all at once.

4. We had the sister missionaries of our church over for Family Home Evening tonight and it just made me happy. Good memories of being a missionary myself, gratitude for what the gospel has brought me and my family, and happy wishes for all missionaries who are sacrificing and working hard to share the good news.

5. We had pudding tonight for dessert. Pudding! Did you know this even existed? Do people still eat pudding? Well, we did. With strawberries and coconut. Marc always told me he loved pudding and used to eat it as a child and he always buys boxes of pudding that sit in our cupboards. Finally, I had enough. I figure, we've bought it, we might as well use it. And we did. And surprise, surprise. It was good!

4 comments:

  1. 1. see?! i told you it could be done. congratlations.

    2. uh, that's not good. that's GREAT.

    3. me too! we ran upstairs to see the storm come through.

    4. no comment. :)

    5. pudding, huh? yeah, can't say we've done that ever. but with straws and coconut? YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAAHAH, that is so funny about the rubber ball!!!! Do we have Sister missionaries in our ward now?? That is so cool, if so, and COOL that you had them over. Can't wait to get back to having missionaries over all the time. Love it.
    My mom's good friend's son is coming home today and she wants a ton of people at the airport so we're making signs and going!
    I can't believe my brother will be home in less than 4 months!!!
    Did you hear about the crazy dust here? IT WAS NUTS. everywhere you go, dusty!
    pudding! cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the dentist! I still have to take Nicole. I'm glad Madeleine did well.

    And I'm with Marc, pudding is a staple in our cupboards!I love eating berries with it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with your dental success! I'm nervous after just not going for two years...

    By the way, that story made me laugh so hard.

    ReplyDelete