A few of the words/pronunciation that Philadelphians use that I think are hilarious:
ask = "ax" i.e., I asked you to call me! = "I ax you t'call me!"
strength = "strenth" i.e., This boy, he has some strength. = "Dis boy, he got strenth."
diaper = pamper i.e., The baby needs his diaper changed. = "The baby needs his pamper changed." There are no other brands of diapers... all diapers are just pampers, or "the pamper."
26 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE IT. Makes me miss Philly that much more ... (Phoenix had ittle flavah ... it cooks out in the heat. ha..ha..) Hard to believe, but I really do miss it! I've loved being back home with family, especially with the boys, but after CT & PA, the east coast is where it's at! :) Glad to see all is well with you - Hope we get back there in August and see you guys! XOXO
ReplyDelete