01 February 2015

The best time of the day

I tell ya, it's my favorite part of the day. When the stars align and I don't have to wake up a sleeping baby or toddler (is Sophie still a toddler now that she's 4? well, sometimes she acts like one), or even when I do have to wake them up, and if the weather is decent, and we don't have to drive directly to teach piano after... well then, it's my favorite time of the day! Time to walk to pick up Madeleine from school! I love that it's a short walk - just a half mile - just long enough to hear a bit about her day and short enough for Sophie and Madeleine to reunite in happiness without any sibling bickering.







 I love the neighbors' houses we pass and the trees. I love seeing the girls run ahead, sneak up on kitties, admire the trees, chase squirrels, say 'hi' to Sophie's favorite bush, lay down on the grassy lawns to enjoy gazing up at the sky, jump off stumps, push the stroller, run up the hill to the school cheering themselves on by saying, "I have energy!" (or as Sophie says, "I have super ENGergy!"), peek at Claire in the stroller to see if she's alright, or more recently, walking slowly with Claire hand in hand. I love it when the neighbor girls walk with us and we look like a gaggle of girls in all their backpack, coat, and legging colors. I love when it's just us and I can listen to Sophie and Madeleine exchange information about their day or be excited to tell each other about something wonderful that happened while the other was away. I love it when they count the cracks or lines in the sidewalk or ask me questions or try to scare Claire in the stroller. It's just an idyllic time. Usually. I cherish the walks home from school!




Note; The walks too school are generally a little rushed, but sometimes, when I'm on my A-game, those are just as enjoyable! :)

Another note: These are only half of the great pictures I've taken on our walks... but I cannot seem to find them right now because my picture organization is terrible. Instead of agonizing over it, I just have to move on. Move on! In the name of blogging and getting a FEW memories down in this format, I accept far less than perfect posts! So it is.

4 comments:

  1. well, for those of us who follow you on instagram, we are quite aware that this represents a very small percentage of your actual taken shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! What a treat to be able to walk with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. I imagine it also takes a long time, with all those detours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur! Probably also prevents dizzying amounts of twirls and hops through a tiny living room.

    ReplyDelete