04 January 2010

3-0


Marc turned the big 3-0 in November and I think he looks even hotter as an "older man." He seems to be handling the new decade quite well. As if I had doubts. He didn't get much for his birthday... well, except the best gift EVER! Hanging out with Madeleine and I. Oh, and I bought him a spa deal. He's been really stressed with interviews and such [more /*exciting*/ news on that later] so I wanted to ease the tension, preventing premature morbidity and mortality. He's already getting older, he needn't FEEL older as well, right?

We celebrated with a few friends at Family Home Evening, and MaryAnn and Trisha made him a pumpkin pie [his fav]. Then I ventured out and made my first pumpkin roll [also his fav - see a theme here?] [with tasty results]in honor of his birthday. We also spent the weekend preceding his birthday in DC, going to the zoo, dinner, and hanging with Ryan.


A few reasons why I love this man and am overjoyed at celebrating his birth?
~His logic. His brain. He's brilliant and possesses common sense. It amazes me.
~His culinary skills. He loves to cook, does so frequently and it's usually very delicious. I'm grateful that he feeds our little family.
~His desire to serve. Serve me. Serve the Lord. Serve our family. Serve his family. It almost sounds contrary but, he is very full of selflessness.
~[insert Tom Cruise voice] He...completes...me. It's true. He's my better half. Strong where I am weak. It is a very secure, joyful feeling.
~He's a terrific father. He never hesitates to take Madeleine, for a night, out to the museum (even with her friends), to the grocery store, just out or just being at home. He is her buddy and they get along swimmingly.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Marc. Welcome to the "thirties". Contrary to popular belief, I'm finding this decade to be a great deal more rewarding than the previous one. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the 30 Club! It's a great place to be! It's so great to read your blog. I agree that Marc is a great guy. I was always so impressed with how well did in his callings & at being a friend. It is also AWESOME to read about your Thanksgiving dinner & see our Philly friends- the Bartons with their daughter, Mary Ann- she could not be sweeter. Thanx so much for watching out for those new members. We still think of them! What a great 4 year (mission)! Take Care! Can't wait to hear what is next for you & your great family!

    ReplyDelete