04 December 2009

Boo!

Okay, so nothing was really that scary about our Halloween. It's only scary how much Madeleine loves candy. She's gets so hyper-excited when she sees a shiny wrapper. And she didn't even get that much candy! Marc made sure of it.
He took her to the Ward Halloween Party (I had class) and for that Madeleine was dressed as a little Indian princess. But she wouldn't keep her feather headband on (no shocker there) so she looked more like a poor ragamuffin. And Marc got her about 3 pieces of candy the whole night. I was disappointed.
For the actual All Hallows Eve we joined the Sappingtons in their neighborhood for trick-o-treating. Madeleine almost got the ritual down. Walk up to a house, stand and stare, watch other kids get candy, step up and grab her own candy out of the bowl, smile and walk away. She was a ladybug that night. And yes, she got more candy. And for the first time, we let her have chocolate in the form of milk chocolate candy and such (not a vegan chocolate cake like she's had in the past).
During Halloween day she also got to play with Shania, who was a bug (or a bee?) and the two looked so darn cute together!
We also took a little trip to Freddy Hills Farm where Madeleine and I got our mini pumpkins for the season and she delighted in being outdoors, on a hayride, getting lost in the maze, sliding down the slide, and seeing the tractors. Marc and I went with Madeleine last year to this same farm and she was only 5 months then... having her grow up is so fun because I can SEE her enjoyment as we go out and do things!




No comments:

Post a Comment