22 October 2008

The lightweight

There are three comments that Madeleine usually gets when we take her out and about:
1. Oh! How old is he?
2. Sooo adorable! A little doll baby!
3. She's big for her age! (or his age if they've not gotten to comme
nt #1 yet, or if I haven't corrected them)
Yes, many a passerby has mistaken our little girl for a boy. Common mistake for young babies. And I admit... she doesn't look verrrrrry girly. She does wear a lot of greens and yellows and doesn't have much hair. Most people also think she is adorable - so I don't mind. And lastly, everyone seems to comment that she's big! Wha-ha?
Monday she got her official 4 month checkup and shots (even though next week she'll be five months...). The girl is a lightweight!Teeny tiny head in the 1st %. Length taking after her daddy at 25.25" in the 60th %. And weight at 5th% as 11 lbs 12oz. The docs say they're not worried as long as she doesn't fall off the charts. I'm not worried either; just excited for her to reach 6 months to be able to eat some food plus mama's nutritious milk.

So... despite the ~big~ comments, she's not... but she is growing!

Oh, commentary on the pics: First of all, finally a pic of Madeleine in her pseudo blessing dress that looks somewhat professional, right? Decent. A picture of her and Nicole. Nicole is Kristin's darling baby who came over to "play" and the entire time smiled and doted after Madeleine whilst Madeleine kept a stoic, serious face and slept most of the time (a truly rare event) Nicole visited. The last picture is one of my favorites. Her not so ladylike pose kills me. Hilarious!

9 comments:

  1. So wait, did she lose weight? I can't believe how tiny she is! And she's totally adorable - no worries about the "boy" thing. I swear, you can dress them up in a frilly pink dress, and there would still be people who ask about "him"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how once you have kids, your subjected to random strangers making comments CONSTANTLY. Normally I like it until it's something about how my kids are having a nuclear fit in the grocery store. But I know what you mean about your girl getting called a boy. We had a onsie for Jayda that said "I am a girl!" She didn't have any hair either. Your daughter is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is darling! I know what you mean about the 'she is so big' comment. I hear that about Molly all the time and she is in the 25% all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry what people say--they say that all the time about my Annie and she's in the 10% for weight too. People just don't know what an average baby weighs. It used to bug me but now I just laugh. She's a darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wait for cheerleading to start! She'll be the one at the top of the pyramid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get "big"comments all the time, and Orion's at 50%. I guess people don't want to say...gee, what a puny li'l tyke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah! I don't think she looks like a boy at all. I got comments like that too, even when Lilli was wearing pink. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. People always think Jenna is a boy to isn't that funny how that happens. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got alot of that with Maelie because she has a perfectly round face. I guess it makes them look bigger. And then Sterling, my biggest baby, people comment on how small he is. He just has a really small head. So, maybe because she has a perfectly round head, people mistake her for being big. Just an opinion. She is a doll baby!!!

    ReplyDelete