So, a few months ago I remember getting tagged by a few friends. All that I can remember is that I'm supposed to post about 6 interesting, perhaps previously unknown, facts about myself, correct? Well... I've thought about it and here's a few random insights into me and ma vie:
1. I am not good at identifying inebriated individuals. I've had my fair share of opportunities (work, my mission, college days) where I've run into people on drugs or people who have had waaaay too much to drink. But. I don't realize it. Usually I come away making such comments as: "That person was really happy!" or "Hm. I feel like I've smelled that cologne before somewhere... somewhere... oh! like at that club, everyone seemed to be wearing it!" Uhhh... yeah. I'd like to say I'm naive, but really, I'm just kind of dumb that way. So, you never need to worry about me judging you, I will probably chalk it up to your very bubbly or mellow personality.
2. I cannot WAIT to be a serve a couple mission with my husband. To be a couple missionary is my wildest dream. My first mission was such a wonderful experience and I think it serves as a very good foundation and jumping off for many more missions in the future. I don't want to say that I want my kids out of the house (when we have "kids") but when they are gone, I am trying desperately to save up money enough so that Marc and I can go when we please. I am so excited! Both my mission presidents are serving their second couple missions in Africa again, and Marc and I started out our marriage being befriended by a missionary couple who are as dear to us as our best friends our age or as admirable to us as our parents. I speak of the Badgers, who really took us under their wing when we showed up in Cameroon days after our wedding. We also love the missionary couple who serves with us here, the Heymans. Yup. I love missionaries! Wanna be one!
3. I might vote for Hillary. This is true, although it's really too early on to tell. Actually, that's not a fact, so what I'll post as fact is this: I love women role models and women characters. Real or not, I really just melt when I think about great women and I often want to emulate them in life choices or at least play out their characters to my hearts fantasies in a local theatre someday. Sometimes I literally dream that I'm living a parallel life with such characters as Anne of Green Gables, Audrey Hepburn, Meg Ryan in French Kiss, Scarlet O'Hara, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Indira Ghandi, Mother Theresa, any Jane Austen character, Princess Diana, Maria Von Trapp. I particularly wish someday to play the following: Anita in West Side Story, Maria in the Sound of Music, and Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady. I am also in love with Madeleine Albright and Cokie Roberts, two Wellesley alum who I think rock! But top of the list is Anne of Green Gables. My parents thought I was obsessed.
4. I am a stress case! I second guess myself whenever decisions involve money. I do a lot of things at the very last minute, er, second. In college they said that I had latent aggression because I was generally freakishly perky but would suddenly melt down and lose it due to stress. I swear I have ulcers. In college I took Ibuprofen like a vitamin. I stress out. My stress level has mellowed since my mission and being married to Marc, but... stress could be my middle name.
5. I don't like pets or animals. This is much to Marc's dismay. But nooooooo dogs in my house, particularly my kitchen. No cats, no guinea pigs, no reptiles (definitely NOT), etc. Again, tolerance has increased over the years, but owning an animal other than frogs, fish, maybe bunnies... not my thing. Marc thinks I actually HATE animals, but I don't think I do. I may make faces, cringe, and not pet the "cutest little thing" but... I don't think I hate. I do, however, LOOOOOOOVE people! If I've met you more than once, you can almost guarantee that I've thought about you, admire you for *something* and will likely always remember you in some vague, endearing way. I'm not an animal-hater, I'm a people-lover.
6. I type fairly fast. I think it's because I was a nerd and loved to practice typing in my 8th-grade class. Loved it. And I think learning piano also helped me. And then I practiced a lot by writing lots of papers in undergrad and grad school. But I could probably race many secretaries out there and hold my own. Natalie Speedtyper. That's me.
07 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you are a fast typer. on the mish i always tried to type as fast as you when we were emailing home but i could never ever hit the correct keys fast enough. i was so jealous.
ReplyDeletebut seriously... hilary? really? i may have just lost all respect for you. i'm pretty convinced that she's not even a woman. seriously... no femininity at all! also... i'm very obviously not a democrat ;)
I feel like I know you so much better now! We should have a typing match - I could also give most secretaries a run for their money!
ReplyDeleteI thought this posting to be hysterical! I loved the random and unconnected facts about you. It was a lot of fun to read! - Ann
ReplyDelete