30 September 2007

A summer tale...

About a month ago, my friend, Kristin, and I went to Linvilla Orchards.

We got boxes from a stand, both for big fruits and veggies and delicate berries.

We loaded our boxes and ourselves into a huge haywagon, pulled by a mighty tractor.

At first, we picked pears, then apples. Here I am picking raspberries - my favorite!

We also picked tomatoes.


Here is a picture of my harvest. Raspberries, tomatoes, one red pepper, apples and pears. Delicious!

And this was how I enjoyed myself: raspberries and cream.


I also pulled out my cookbook and estimated the recipe for tarte aux pommes.


This was my apple tart!

And in a similar vein... this is an early picture of Marc's basil that he's growing on our porch. The basil is very big right now and we're making lots of pesto.

And this concludes my summer tale.

8 comments:

  1. Yummy! next time you go give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raspberries are my favorite too. Anytime I buy them the whole carton is gone within minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tart is magnifique! Does summer really have to end???

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! and super yummy! That tart look fabulous! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm jealous! We drove by there and I wanted to go so bad! I'm glad you had a great time, everything looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY! I tagged you... check my blog for the details...
    p.s. yummy post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I just realized you have a blog!! And wow!! I'm a total blog fan of yours now-- I had so much fun looking at all of your "diversions" and recipes and all of the fancy food you make. It really looks spectacular!! I'm excited to check back for more new recipes.:)
    Sara Cardon

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been tagged again! I've heard great reviews about you in Young Womens!

    ReplyDelete